Describes from inception, the commissioning culture and practice of UK arts buildings, over 204 A4 pages with 185 illustrations and addendices.
Is a uniquely comprehensive exposure that offers case studies, research, reference, guidance, analysis of Covid impacts, and recommendations for communities, arts professionals, commissioners, clients, architects, project teams and policy makers, for future best practice.
Building Culture contains:
- A foreword by Donald Hyslop with 10 chapters by eminent architects, competition programmers and a client, including – Ian Ritchie, Brian Heron, Tim Ronalds, Sarah Featherstone, Hana Loftus, Alex Reedijk, Nicola Walls, Angus Morrough- Ryan, Jim Roberts, Chris Coleman-Smith, Luke Cooper and Sylvia Hebden.
- Unique data analysis of the sector
- Programming and funding guidance
- Procurement analysis
- Sustainability, inclusivity and social value overviews
- Resources and references
- Strategic insights and recommendations
- Comprehensive Covid coverage
RRP £35 + £3.60 post & packing
Advanced orders £30 + p&p.
Press enquiries & advanced orders: ProjectCompassCIC@gmail.com